The Health Care Blog of Caduceus Medical Group
- Measles Outbreak Update from CMO Gregg DeNicola MD- By now, I am sure you’re aware that we are suffering through a nationwide measles epidemic with Washington state being hit particularly hard. On Monday, the first confirmed case was identified in Orange County with three cases in Los Angeles County announced just prior to this. In the US, before the vaccine was introduced in... read more
- FDA proposes rule to notify women with dense breasts about increased cancer risk and imprecise mammograms- The FDA is proposing a rule for breast cancer screenings that would require doctors to give women more information about the risks associated with dense breasts. Read the full article here. Caduceus Chief Medical Officer, Gregg DeNicola MD, shares his take for our patients. “Informing women that their amount of breast density may affect results of... read more
- Hormone replacement therapy for women- Is it right for you?- There have been many recent articles and online buzz about hormone replacement therapy for women and our Chief Medical Officer and Caduceus physician Gregg DeNicola MD wanted to weigh in on the discussion. To provide some perspective, in 2002, an extensive study of over 16,000 women supported by the National Institutes of Health, was halted... read more
- Millions of Americans incorrectly think they have food allergies, study finds- You may have read the story recently that new research suggests Americans may be over-diagnosing themselves with food allergies. A study published in the medical journal JAMA Network Open estimates that nearly 19 percent of adults think they have food allergies, but less than 11 percent actually do. Caduceus Chief Medical Officer Gregg Denicola MD adds, “I have felt this way... read more
- New Peanut Allergy Drug Shows ‘Lifesaving’ Potential- Results from a new study may lead to approval of what could be the first drug that ameliorates potentially deadly reactions in children with severe peanut allergies. Caduceus physician and Chief Medical Officer Gregg DeNicola MD weighs in, “I agree with the spirit of the article; a breakthrough and very promising, but not necessarily a... read more
- Colorectal cancer screening? To screen or not to screen before 50?- As CMO for Caduceus Medical Group, Gregg Denicola MD agrees that colon cancer is striking at a younger age than previous years. Especially in high-risk populations, earlier screening may be beneficial. He shares that the data that the American Cancer Society is using appears to be somewhat mixed and does not definitively show a benefit... read more
Samme is the beloved mascot of Caduceus Medical Group. Caduceus Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical practice, centered around primary care. We believe in giving patients access to healthcare, and offer many specialists and diagnostic services on-site to support that belief. Samme’s favorite job is to share accurate and relevant medical information with you. Samme keeps it simple and uses a little humor now and then to get his point across.