Latest Patient Center Updates
- September Newsletter
Get Your Flu Vaccine While Supplies Last
Fall is almost here and with the change of seasons also means the flu season is just around the corner. Flu season generally runs between October-April with peak season December-February. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months and older get immunized.
There’s no vaccine for Covid-19, but there’s one for influenza. Getting your flu shot now could blunt the effect of two potential respiratory infections and minimize the risk of a more severe case.
Also, flu vaccines are generally covered for anyone with health insurance. We also offer an affordable cash price of $35 for 6 months-64 years and $69 for seniors for those that are uninsured.
Come curbside NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Email us to confirm we have stock prior to driving to your preferred location.
Hours for curbside testing:
- Yorba Linda- Mon-Fri 8-4
- PDQ Orange- Mon-Fri 8-4
- Irvine- Tues/Thurs 9-11, 2-4
- Laguna Beach- Mon/Wed/Fri 9-11, 2-4
In addition to flu vaccines, we will continue to offer Covid-19 diagnostic and antibody testing*, rapid flu and strep swabs*, and any other lab draws curbside from your car.
* Telehealth video visit from your phone required to testing
Reserve a telehealth video visit screening for Covid-19 testing and/or rapid flu/strep.
Open Enrollment is Almost Here
Medicare open enrollment, also known as Medicare’s annual election period, runs from October 15 through December 7 each year. During this annual window, Medicare plan enrollees can reevaluate their coverage – whether it’s Original Medicare with supplemental drug coverage or Medicare Advantage – and make changes or purchase new policies if you want to do so.
During the Medicare open enrollment period, you can:
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage (as long as you’re enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B, and you live in the Medicare Advantage plan’s service area).
- Switch from Medicare Advantage to Original Medicare (plus a Medicare Part D plan, and possibly a Medigap plan).
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another.
- Switch from one Medicare Part D prescription drug plan to another.
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D plan if you didn’t enroll when you were first eligible for Medicare.
We offer complimentary Medicare consultations at our offices and email us if you wish to meet with a Medicare specialist.
Watch our Medicare 101 video to understand your options.
Covered California/Medi-Cal Open Enrollment Period is November 1 – January 31. Open enrollment is the period during which you can purchase health insurance and apply for Medi-Cal coverage for the upcoming year. During open enrollment you can apply without a Qualifying Life Event. Learn more about your options.
More Providers Now Available for Online Booking
We have added two more providers to our online appointment booking feature from the appointments tab of our website; you pick the time and date for either an in-office visit or a telehealth video visit from your phone.
Dr. John Sanguedolce joined our family practice team in August and provides primary services at Yorba Linda family practice and Caduceus on Thalia in Laguna Beach.
- Corporate On-Site Covid-19 Swab and Antibody Testing Now Available
For those businesses, schools, and other organizations that need testing for your employees.... WE ARE HERE TO HELP! Caduceus is now offering corporate on-site Covid-19 swab and antibody testing.
•Our mobile team comes to your place of business and can offer both Covid-19 PCR swab and Covid-19 antibody testing
•Quick telehealth screening for each employee from their mobile device and on-site curbside testing from their vehicles
•We can help determine BOTH if employee is possibly contagious and any possible immunity to Covid-19
•Corporate cash pricing available at the following rates-
- Video visit screening with Covid-19 swab- $149 per employee
- Video visit screening with expedited Covid-19 swab- $249 per employee
- Video visit screening with Covid-19 low complexity fingerstick/moderate complexity venipuncture antibody test- $99/109 per employee
- Three pack (Video visit screening, Covid-19 PCR regular/expedited Covid swab and fingerstick/venipuncture antibody)- $279/289 per employee
For details and to arrange for your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tina (VP of Patient Relations) at 714-646-8058. Please share with any family, friends, or other business owners in the community!
- Current 2020 Caduceus Screening and Testing Guidelines
Our physicians and Chief Medical Officer Gregg DeNicola MD recommend the following medical screenings and testing for our patients this year:
ROUTINE LAB TESTING-
Ages 21,30,35, and every other year between 40 and 50, and annually over 50. (including Lipids, A1C, PSA, Thyroid, Blood count and general chemistries).
Age 21, then ACOG guidelines: Age 21-29: Pap every 3 years, HPV not recommended.
Age 30-65: Pap & HPV every five years.
Every other year starting at age 40 until age 50 and then annually. Acceptable to stop at age 75.
Every 10 years beginning at age 50. Acceptable to stop at age 75.
In females every 1-2 years after menopause or age 50, whichever is first.
Annually if you are a high risk (otherwise it will be part of your annual physical exam)- History of severe atypia, personal history of skin cancer, first degree relative with melanoma, history of prolonged sun exposure or sunburns, fair skin, blonde/red hair or blue/green eyes.
- Medicare A-Z… We've Got you Covered!
If you are turning 65 and newly enrolled in Medicare, dissatisfied with your existing Medicare Advantage plan, or just have general questions regarding your coverage... we are here to help! Watch our video “Medicare A-Z.” We can also schedule a meeting for you with our in-house Medicare expert for private consultation.
Below is a summary of what Caduceus offers our seniors at NO COST and details that were discussed at the event:
- We sit down with you and show you how Medicare works.
- We educate you on ALL of your plan options.
- We teach you how each plan benefit will work.
- We input all of your drugs into the Medicare.gov system to see which plans will cover your prescriptions at the lowest cost.
- We make sure that you choose a plan your physicians accept.
- We make sure you are placed with a network that will allow you to use the hospitals of their choice.
- We answer any questions that you have.
- We will help you apply for extra help if needed (low income subsidy).
- We give each senior an annual benefit review to ensure you are always on a plan that fits all of your needs.
Email us at email@example.com to arrange a meeting at one of our office locations - Yorba Linda, Irvine, or Laguna Beach.