Are multivitamins a waste of money? Editorial in medical journal says yes.
More than half of all adults in the United States take some sort of multivitamin; many do so in hopes of preventing heart disease and cancer or even to aid with memory. But an editorial published in this week's Annals of Internal Medicine says that using supplements and multivitamins to prevent chronic conditions is a waste of money. Read more.
LET'S GET SOCIAL!
Our newly enhanced secure patient portal provides to our patients added benefits- including the most secure and encrypted software to protect your privacy, access to your medical records online, and the most direct contact with your provider's nurse and support staff. If you wish to email your provider a medical question, please continue to use our "MouseCalls." For those patients that have experienced difficulties navigating the site, we have an instructional video for you!
Caduceus 4 Kids is now offering complimentary EKG's, with or without a sports physical! Caduceus Medical Director, Gregg DeNicola MD, felt it essential to offer this test free of charge based on the increase across the U.S. of young athletes dying from hidden cardiac conditions, as reported frequently by multiple media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal.
Both existing patients and those new to Caduceus may take advantage of this free service. No appointment necessary, as EKG walk-ins are also welcome! Caduceus is also currently offering sports physicals at a discounted summer rate of $25, which can be administered at the time of the EKG for patient convenience.
Gregg DeNicola MD, Caduceus Medical Director, was interviewed for an article in the Wall Street Journal regarding the proliferation of online review sites in medicine. (View article here)
Our group received national recognition based on our strategy to embrace the review sites and to engage with patients that may be expressing negative feedback online. As one of the only remaining locally owned and managed medical groups in Orange County, providing the ultimate patient experience is critical for CMG to continue to grow and thrive in the communities in which we serve.
We sincerely appreciate the support online from our patients and are always striving to utilize your feedback to ensure your patient experience is like no other physician group in the OC!
Although open enrollment ended as of April 15th, people who qualify for Medi-Cal, small businesses, and those who experience specific life changes — like those who lose a job or get married or divorced — may still be eligible to sign up for coverage. Open enrollment period for 2015 coverage will begin next fall.
If you are changing plans or purchasing a new one through Covered California, let us provide to you the following overview of the exchange.
The plans offered by Covered California will fall into four metal tiers - bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. Your eligible plans will be determined for you based on your income level. Each metal tier corresponds to a percentage of the cost for covered services that would be paid by the plan. For example, a gold plan would be expected to pay an average of 80 percent of a standard population's expected medical expenses, with individuals covered by the plan expected to pay the remaining 20 percent through deductibles, co-pays, and other cost-sharing features.
The four metal tiers are:
Platinum - 90%
Gold - 80%
Silver - 70%
Bronze - 60%
There will be a catastrophic plan designed for people under 30 and those who can't afford other coverage.
Caduceus is actively participating in ALL Products/Tier Levels. After you have selected the plan and tier level that fits your budget, you can follow these steps to choose a Caduceus physician:
Caduceus enrollment is active and you can search for a specific Caduceus provider through Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, and Healthnet. Please search for a Caduceus physician by first selecting your plan and clicking on "View Directory." If you are a new patient, please click on the "Our Providers" tab above before selecting the provider that meets your needs.
Have a question about your changing or new coverage if you are participating in the exchange? Email us at email@example.com or stop by the "Chat Room" at our Life Center and we are here to help!
*Submitting preliminary healthcare or insurance information or making an appointment with the practice does NOT establish a physician-patient relationship. That relationship is not created until the practice has completed a preliminary evaluation and then notifies the individual in writing that he or she has been accepted as a patient.